What Is a Virus?
- spread fr one computer 2 one computer,leaving infections as it travels
- a computer virus can range in severity
- may damage a hardware, software or files
- almost all viruses may exist in d computer but actually cannot infect d coputer unless we run or open d malicious program
- TAKE NOTE: virusessss cannot be spread without a human action
- d viruses mostly spread by sharing infecting files, sending e-mails wif virus as attachmants in d e-mail
What is a Worm?
- spread fr computer 2 computer
- TAKE NOTE: unlike virus, it has a capability 2 travel without any human action.
- a worm takes advntages of file or information transport features on d system 2 travel unaided.
- d biggest danger of a worm is its capability 2 replicate itselt on d system, so rather than d computer sending out a single worm, it could send out hundreds or thousands of copies of itself, creating a huge devastating effect.
What Is a Trojan horse?
- When a Trojan is activated on d computer, the results can vary.
- Some Trojans are designed to changing d desktop, adding silly active desktop icons.
- Can cause serious damage by deleting files n destroying information on d system.
- Unlike viruses and worms, Trojans do not reproduce by infecting other files nor do they self-replicate.